& Non Sectarian
Mada is a non- partisan, non-sectarian Lebanese NGO which aims at reinforcing the relationship between local communities and their natural environment.
Mada was established in Lebanon in 2000 and registered under the decree #4336-AD 242 from the Ministry of Interior in October 2000.
Mada strives for the emergence of balanced communities.
Appreciative of diversity, open to the world, and respectful
of human rights and social justice. Communities that base
their development on a long-term vision of public interest
and on models which emphasize a harmonious relationship
between human beings and their environment. Members of
these communities would be committed, accountable, and
creative citizens, able to take initiatives and unite
their energies within effective partnerships.
Mada works with different groups on various developmental and environmental projects in Lebanon to facilitate dynamics of change, through endogenous and inclusive efforts as well as policies and regulations appropriate to local realities. Mada achieves this mission by:
● Supporting marginalized persons or groups and providing a space for initiatives carried out by actors who have the potential for change.
● Contributing to the establishment of relationships or effective partnerships between local actors and other stakeholders. Through its activities, Mada tries to ensure long-term mobilization and to inspire new practices of leadership while contributing to the emergence of a culture of collective action and responsibility.
Through its activities, Mada tries to ensure long-term mobilization and to inspire new practices of leadership while contributing to the emergence of a culture of collective action and responsibility.
Mada is a secular, non-partisan organization with the
following guiding principles:
● Non-discrimination and equity
● Democracy and participation
● Commitment to public interest
● Respect and protection of the natural environment
● Transparency and accountability
● Creativity and flexibility
● Autonomy and responsibility
● Independence from political parties and private interests