Improved Livelihoods for Underprivileged Women in North Lebanon
Duration: January 2012 – June 2015
Donor: European Union
Partners: Rene Moawad Foundation (RMF), Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT), Fair Trade Lebanon (FTL), Committee for the Follow up on Women’s Issues (CFUWI)
Targeted Groups: Women’s committees and associations, women’s cooperatives in villages, Manager SME’s of Akkar and Donnieh.
Objectives: Empowering women in Akkar and Donnieh, increasing their participation in economic growth, and their understanding of women’s economic rights.
Role: Providing its expertise on community development and mobilization in Akkar and Donnieh, and being responsible together with RMF for the overall monitoring of the project. Through its office in Akkar, Mada is providing support to all project partners in the selection of beneficiaries and organization of activities.
– Skill building sessions for active women from communities, including representatives of associations/committees, cooperatives and small businesses, on ICT, gender mainstreaming and women economic rights.
– Small community grants for women’s associations, committees and cooperatives.
– Training women on concept of fair trade and selection of products with potential to access the Fair Trade/Organic global market.
– Coaching of women entrepreneurs and ‘business incubation’.
– Revision and publication of the Lebanese Document on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women in Lebanese Laws and design of an advocacy plan for its implementation.
– Advocacy meetings of women community leaders with national stakeholders to discuss the findings of the Lebanese CEDAW Document.